Contact Information Contact Information
Natural Areas Newsletter Natural Areas Newsletter
Volunteer as a Naturalist
Master Naturalists are highly trained volunteer educators who share their knowledge and experience with the community. As a Master Naturalist you will experience beautiful natural areas while you learn how to lead fun, hands-on field trips. An intensive training session of about 70 hours is offered each spring.
Previously certified Master Naturalists have said:
"I feel fortunate to have been exposed to your wonderful program."
"I wish the training wasn't over!"
"Excellent program! It has far exceeded my expectations."
"I just love giving programs to the school groups - the support of the Natural Areas staff is fantastic, and the feedback from the children makes my day."
Master Naturalist Training
Master Naturalists care about natural areas and have fun sharing their enthusiasm with others. During the training presentations by a variety of experts, field trips to natural areas, and opportunities to practice techniques provide naturalist trainees with the skills they need to lead fun, fact-filled, and meaningful field trips for all ages.
2020 Training Dates include:
- Tuesday, March 10, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 12, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 17, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 19, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 21, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 24, 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 26, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 28, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 31, 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 2, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 4- 8:30 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 7, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 9, 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Contact Charlotte Norville at Y25vcnZpbGxlQGZjZ292LmNvbQ== for questions about Master Naturalist Training.
Request a Master Naturalist-Led Presentation or Field Trip
Use the request form in Engage (you must create a free account with your name, email, and phone number).